The Technology Alliance of Central New York (TACNY)
is now accepting nominations
for individuals and organizations to be recognized at the 14th Celebration of Technology Awards Banquet
. Nominees may include, but are not limited to, peers, technical societies, educational institutions, employees and employers. Nominees need not be active members of TACNY nor the member organizations of the Technical Societies Council
, but professional membership in such a society will be given consideration. The winning candidates and their guest will be TACNY’s guests at the Awards Banquet on March 18, 2013.
The following are the award categories and definitions:
- TECHNOLOGIST OF THE YEAR: A resident of Central New York who has made outstanding contributions to advances and improvements in a technological field, not limited to engineering.
- YOUNG TECHNOLOGIST OF THE YEAR: A resident of Central New York, 35 years old or younger, who has made outstanding contributions to advances and improvements in a technological field, not limited to engineering.
- TECHNOLOGY COMPANY OF THE YEAR: A Central New York technology company that has created new or innovative products, processing technologies, or productivity leading to enhanced business.
- TECHNOLOGY PROJECT OF THE YEAR: An outstanding technological project, invention or process designed, invented or constructed in Central New York.
- COLLEGE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR: An educator who has made outstanding contributions in technology education at the college level in Central New York.
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OUTREACH: Two awards to be given, one for an individual and another for an organization (e.g. company, school, agency) in Central New York who has increased interest in science or technology or expanded opportunities for people with limited access to science or technology.
Nominations must include the contact information of the nominee and nominator, as well as no longer than a 500 word descriptive narrative in support of the nomination that considers accomplishments since September 2011. Award winners will be asked to provide a photo in a jpeg, tif, or bmp format. Nominations must be received by Friday, February 22, 2013.
Nominations can be submitted online
or emailed to: celebration@TACNY.org