The Technology Alliance of Central New York (TACNY) is now accepting applications for its 28th Annual TACNY Outstanding Teacher Awards. The awards program recognizes teachers who have exhibited excellence in teaching and promoting science/technology/engineering/mathematics (STEM) education in the classroom.
TACNY will recognize up to five teachers with an award of $1,000 each which will be presented during the TACNY Outstanding Teachers Awards Banquet on Friday, May 6, 2016.
The criteria for the awards require that the applicants:
- Inspire students to pursue study in the fields related to STEM
- Encourage students to demonstrate outstanding academic achievement
- Involve students in co-curricular activities such as STEM exhibits or competitions
- Serve as role models for students in the responsible use of technology
- Demonstrate active participation in professional development
- Share their expertise and enthusiasm with colleagues
- Teach students in Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Onondaga, or Oswego Counties, and have taught in the same district for a minimum of three full school years
- Previous recipients are ineligible for five years following the year in which they received the award.
Award application process:
- The completed application form and three letters of support must be submitted to TeacherAwards@TACNY.org by the Monday, January 11, 2016 deadline
- Collaborative teaching teams of two may apply for the award utilizing a single application - if the team is selected as a recipient the $1,000 award will be split equally between the two team members
- All application inquiries may be directed to krpynn@TACNY.org